Cannot use DataEnvironment
Roy Goldhammer
2003-12-25 16:43:29 UTC
Hello there

I have problem to load DataEnvironment on my project.

The error on dataenv.txt are

Line 2: Class {C0E45035-5775-11D0-B388-00A0C9055D8E} of control
DataEnvironment1 was not a loaded control class.
Line 0: The file D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VB98\Template\Projects\DATAENV.DSR
could not be loaded.

What's wrong on my computer and how can i solve this?

any help would be useful
Mario Raccagni [MSFT]
2003-12-26 09:49:29 UTC
Hello!

On my machine that CLSID point to MSDE.DLL. Try reregister it. That would be
a good starting point. Consider also that dll can depend or use MSDERUN.DLL,
so I would reregister both dlls.

So try this:
1. Press the 'Start' button, click on 'Run', then type 'regsvr32 c:\program
files\commonfiles\designer\msde.dll'; you should see a dialog box confirming
success or failure of this operation;
2. Again, press the 'Start' button, click on 'Run', then type 'regsvr32
c:\program files\commonfiles\designer\msderun.dll'; you should again see a
confirmation of success or failure.

If this doesn't help, try reinstalling the latest VB Service Pack you
applied, or SP5 directly from here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/vs6/sp5/dnldoverview.aspx

HTH
--
Mario Raccagni

any help would be useful
rjact
2015-03-17 08:36:59 UTC
Post by Mario Raccagni [MSFT]
Hello!
On my machine that CLSID point to MSDE.DLL. Try reregister it. That would be
a good starting point. Consider also that dll can depend or use MSDERUN.DLL,
so I would reregister both dlls.
1. Press the 'Start' button, click on 'Run', then type 'regsvr32 c:\program
files\commonfiles\designer\msde.dll'; you should see a dialog box confirming
success or failure of this operation;
2. Again, press the 'Start' button, click on 'Run', then type 'regsvr32
c:\program files\commonfiles\designer\msderun.dll'; you should again see a
confirmation of success or failure.
If this doesn't help, try reinstalling the latest VB Service Pack you
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/vs6/sp5/dnldoverview.aspx
HTH
:(
when i try to add file the DATAENV.DSR it "errors during load.Refer to'C:\.......\projects\DATAENV.log' for details"
and when it try to use help it "Unable to diplay help"" what happen? pls help