registry entry not deleted
Sandra Geisler
2005-08-19 08:25:42 UTC
Hello all,

I am developing a com addin with Visual Basic 6.0 and deploy it with the
Visual Studio 6.0
package and deployment wizard which I adapted to my needs.
In the addin designer in Visual Basic I have added on the "Advanced" sheet
an additional registry entry which I like to use. But unfortunately when I
remove the add in by using the uninstall application the new registry entry
is not removed from the registry. How can I accomplish this?

Any help appreciated , thx

Sandra Geisler
ericw
2005-09-21 18:50:02 UTC
Perhaps the only way to remove the registry entry is to do it manually. Tread
lightly here because errors made here could be disastrous. This is a bit
risky so do not fool around. Get in, make your changes, then get out.

Prepare to edit the registry... like using a word processor. Follow the
steps below
to find your program's values and delete the desired item. Find your program
among the list of folders. Yours should be in the suggested area. If you do
not see your target just get out without making any changes.

MAKE SURE YOU PAY ATTENTION AS YOU DO THIS OR YOU COULD HAVE UNDESIREABLE
EFFECTS. IT MAY BE BETTER TO LEAVE THE ITEM IN THE REGISTRY IF THERE ARE NO
OBVIOUS SIDE EFFECTS.

Start
Run
<open> regedit